`

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The early bird gets the worm

Have you ever heard the phrase "the early bird gets the worm". I always here it when I did not get something like not getting the last cookie or missing something because you weren't up early or you were lazy and took you time getting somewhere. The reason you missed the treat one of your siblings hurries up and acts like the perfect child. (Because I am the middle child this happens to me a lot.) Not because I am lazy and not because I do not get up early because I am usually the first one out of bed in the morning. I think it happens because the Phrase means the first person will be more successful. But what they teach you in school is the if you take your time you will be more successful. So all in all I think that we just should not use the phrase because it is sometime really confusing . "The early bird gets the worm" but think about what happens to the early worm
*Louisa*

1 comment:

  1. "'The early bird gets the worm' but think about what happens to the early worm."

    Clever. ;o)

    By the way, I laughed at how you said you read so much that it frustrates your mother. I'm in the same boat...though I do try to get a life outside the pages. Really.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to leave a comment
*Louisa*