`

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stars Beautiful Stars



Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.

How true is this lullaby?
I have wondered what stars have been my whole life. Even science class has confused me on what the heck they are. Are they giants, dwarfs, exploding pieces of dust? What are you?! A friend once asked me what stars were. I think I came up with some bogus answer that was science based. Basically I told her what I knew from
science class. I knew that some stars in some way shape or form were giants, red dwarfs, white dwarfs, and that when they become too hot they just explode. It is due to their explosions that we can see them in the night sky.But now as I sit outside underneath this overcast sky, I wonder what stars really are and what their purpose is. I know I can't see the stars right now, and maybe that's why I am wondering about where the heck these stars came from. When I was 11 and I was up at a camp U-Nah-Li-Ah they told us a campfire story that the stars were the cause of the hummingbird poking holes through the sky. When God created the night sky it was just a blanket of darkness over the Earth. He began to realize that the night was too dark for the animals to roam around the Earth with, they needed some kind of light. So God created the Hummingbird to poke holes in the night sky. Their beaks were so tiny that they created the right amount of light to supply the light given by the moon he soon created.Well...for now that seems like a legit enough answer.

Louisa


3 comments:

  1. A very interesting way to put it.

    The stars are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, stars are cool and confusing! I never did understand that song because stars don't really twinkle. It's a good song and all just not that true. Gotta love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I don't damage your theory, but stars are some kind of gas or something...or something. Ah, never mind.

    I love your background, btw. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to leave a comment
*Louisa*